Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Smudges.

I could tell you all my secrets,
I could put you in them too,
Because this heart has many sidewalks that I like to trail through.
All these signs I come across,
never seem to phase me too,
Because  I look at them and wonder if your seeing them too.

I mark the spots that make still,
while kicking the rocks that hurts our heels,
Because I walk on the sides of my feet and I tend to fall into feel.
I will hike these many side streets,
to alert my sense of direction,
in case there is any middle ground with this that we could surrender too.

I have smelt the spring air,
and let the pollen fall into my hair,
Because if I couldn't be aware of the grounds I walk upon, then I might as well not care.
I have carried all this with me,
to insure we could grow our own,
Because to me all these smudges,
were once a picture of home.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment