Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pangea.

I follow white fences hoping to find the home where you lay down your effortless head,
White circling the ,moon with the tip of my thumb knowing your staring at the same night.
This may be a second or maybe a year but life has it's moments of listening ears, so follow my heart, it'll be safe in its home, I made a pallet for you, there will be no sleeping alone.
I left the light on there so you wouldn't lose your way, look for the small door in the corner,with no open sign just a knob, on one side, but don' let your curiosity kill my cat because once your glanced there might be no going back.

I wish you knew my thoughts there circling around and with every breath I feel unfound, the funny thing is you look right at me, and my heart turns to dusk just from your eyes blinking like lighting in these starry night skies.

***

Ideas swirl round like inner tubes connecting improved floats on my brain waves, getting busted and torn up while entering my heart and I try to save them.
I want him to know me, not assume me, not guess me, know me.
My heart gets in the way because my habit of knowing is not true, knowledge is something I achieve at not reveal at and I can't help but make excuses for my bad habits because thats in my nature.
I need to take a step back and look and feel and learn, but isn't that what I have been doing? Haven't I known all along that it would come to this and that the small pieces of crust you cut off when I was just a little girl were to protect, to nurture, to prevent?
These waves only increase over time and before any of us know anything anymore they will be covering landscapes created years ago when pangea was still in effect and you had to raise animals not beat them.
Time to time to time we walk along paths that gave a little more obedience and a little less doubt, where does that leave us, where does any of this leave us.
Unsettled, inpatient, and alone.
So pick up your crumbs my friends and follow me into the promise land.
-M

1 comment: