Monday, March 21, 2011

Shifts.

Swiping smiles for frowns has been the order of the season.
Knowing right from left, used to be easy, but now I can't seem to know how to walk.
To give up would be to let him win, but I know I am stronger.
I am tired of taking the long routes around to get the lay of the land, because I realized I have been on the wrong interstate all along. 
I day-dream about running my 2007 Xterra into cement walls to hopefully help break My walls down,
but then I realized my insurance would go up. 
Working.
I work for love, for acceptance, for worthiness.
I get all three but I can't seem to let it jump my walls, like the illegal aliens do everyday.
Thats right, illegal aliens.
I take everyones shifts without them asking because I have to work harder to find these things.
I will work for free and even though you try to work for me, I think You are a coward, and only do it out of pity.
Nothing serious comes my way because my heart doesnt take 15 min breaks, thus making me a machine, or a robot, or cold.
I just want to feel.
Giving birth, I will undoubtedly feel.


I lose everyone I love because my "love" is not love.
I thought I knew who I was, imagine that being shattered and thrown in your face like a pie at a carnival.
I can't breath anymore and breaths I take I regret because then its more work I have to do to fix it.
Words are work, because mine carry heartache and bowling balls.
But puzzle pieces create pictures that are undoubtedly beautiful, so I will trust that mine are fixable.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment