Monday, March 14, 2011

Seasick.

Missed Your moment of opportunity,
because I swam across the sea,
and I never thought you would be the one,
to wanna swim with me.

I said the journey was quite long,
but there was nothing stopping you,
so you grabbed some seaweed that you tied to the top of
your shoes.

The waves shoved the ground like a piece of shipwreck against the sand,
and you held tight to my hand.
The wind was wispy just like my hair,
 and you asked how far you could love me till' land.

Love was a word that I never knew, It was a word that
was said to secure some space in one's heart,
So you don't feel worthless when the world says you are.
My heart has not met love. So love me be' but 
know this lonely island might come quicker than you thought.

The waves are getting high and my heart is drowning.
So I looked for the closest rock to catch my breath and catch a nap.
When I woke up you were right beside me, towel and map in hand.
I said thank you and asked why the map.

You said:
"Fear might be the journey but love is the country,"
 and You pointed straight to my heart.


-M









No comments:

Post a Comment