Sunday, February 27, 2011

Growing Pains.

"our lives are a bridge, let’s build bridges to each other
and pray we don’t go under, oh these careless waters
our lives are a bridge for us to give, I want to build a better bridge"


&


I feel Like I am breaking. 
The perks of growing up add up, 
but the pain stacks higher. I am claustrophobic from it,
and I am tired of smiling and my legs are long enough. 
My muscles ache from the running I do to keep myself sain, and they laugh. 
Eyes beating the signs of love from heartache, two widows unifying to grow together, yet there love used to use the same tube, now they sit together, rubbing the backs of different pasts and condensing there fingers onto fleshy hearts, because one can't be alone. We weren't created to be alone so they swim through the seaweed and muck aiming to cure my sea sickness but I can't swim. 


Mediocracy sang its song, i lost my voice,
and the weathered hopes of a better tomorrow spoke,
Thunderstorms all week. I bring an umbrella because I melt when water touches me, 
but the fear of water touching me scares  me more, so I stay in. 
I save my strength for better hopes now and buid a house made of ice, and if "Home is where the heart is," then mine is stone cold and my legs  have frostbite.




I tried so hard to swim. I promise.
 I have webbed feet, I was born for this, but the water is too warm and I can't defrost yet.
My mind grew faster than my legs so they try to catch up, but this is not a checkmate. 
These pieces are jagged,badgering my spirit to surrender them but I will just get new ones.
My crooked teeth once were straight, like my ideas of life, or my spine. Now I have pains.
Specifically on my left side, below the breast, right inside the rib cage.


-M


&



"from every wrong we’ve done to each other, if I forgive will you forgive?
our hearts are abridged, let’s build bridges to each other
so this river won’t take us under, so we don’t take ourselves under
"


1 comment:

  1. Molly. If there's any upside to living through pain, it's that your writing is growing and growing and growing. I'd trade your metaphoric magic for your smile any day, but while we're sitting here in the rain, know that your words are some sort of cardboard fort; they're only as waterproof as they can be, but they're our castle for now. <3

    ReplyDelete