Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Autopilot.

I Give in effort to trust the one who holds my death,
but trusting comes with boundaries that one can not persist, at.
I danced around the ideas of you like musical chairs in the 2nd grade,
only to escape the twilight of life, that punched me like words you spit at me,
when my ears were on fire and nothing could confine them. I knew you were the life,
I know you are the life, life.

I cryed, I weeped, I mourned, I coped. Then I got in the car and put it on cruise,
Because I was tired of knowing when to accelerate or slow down.  You take the wheel, aye?
I tried that and I ended up in the hospital room, 2nd floor E.R, with more than a broken ankle. Could
You fix that? Oh I have to get on my knees now. Well I wish I  could, but ya see my ankle.

When did sacrifice transform into heartache and hopelessness was the stepping stone to happiness?
Oh and how come I have to hurt deeply to love deeply? Where's the pause button again?


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment