Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PLEASE.

I wish I could be this little girl.
I wish I could wish and actually believe it is gonna come true.
Her innocence projects happiness because she isn't tattered,
and to wear face paint for fun rather than for fixing.
The laughs that always coasted out have turned into a coping mechanisms, and her smile had beauty that no hurtful situation could diminish only delay.
There was no need for  nice cheek bones, because what would grandparents grab when squeezing cheeks?
Now they just try to squeeze a phone call out of her.
Falling meant a scraped knee not a hopeless case, and her idea of jesus was a man with a beard that her parents loved, so she did too, easily.
The twinkle in her eye was for the pure joy that was exuded due to the simplicity of her soul, now the only twinkle she gets is when she gulps down alcohol and forgets her regrets.
I wish I could be this little girl, again.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment