Wednesday, August 24, 2011

" Excuse me, while my heart falls,"

I listen without ears and laugh without air,
My eyes are stuck in a deadlock stare.
As I whisper and weep of the last past scare,
My feet start clicking like a time bomb dare.

My fingers they lust over movements unknown,
while flexing there skin over keys that are toned.
Could this tired hand be close to the end,
of uncovering the truth about this color blind friend.

I am surrounded by light but there is clouds in the way,
So I bury my good fortune at the bottom of the bay.
The beating of drums resides in my chest
while the whizzing of wind puts my  good fortune to test.

I wish without wishes and pray without life,
yet I throw my pennies and close my eyes.
I looked straight at you, but all that I saw,
Was the heart that had fallen the night I cried my first tune.
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment