Friday, August 5, 2016

Grateful

Choices. 

We all have them. Daily, every second of everyday. We are constantly having to fight for the hard ones, defend the bad ones and surrender to the good ones. We are delicately tip-toeing on a tight rope of choosing what can satisfy our stability. I never knew choosing could feel so conflicting, and that the act of it would cause plenty of exhales. There are many that I wish my brain batteries were fully charged for, because maybe if they were, I would have had been able to work through the clutter more quickly. 

I chose today. I chose to choose gratefulness over grief. I chose writing over fighting. I chose tears over shit-talking and love over loss. And even though the latter still exist, jumping over timelines to choose what will get me through another day, week, year is what I will choose time after time. Choosing to change can cause tunnels of underground tornadoes but coming down from the spinning can sometimes allow your grieving heart give way to gratefulness. 


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment