Monday, September 9, 2013

Meek.

Do you feel my heart beating,
its stopping and then starting,
Can you feel my skin peeling,
it slides right off and then breaks apart.
And I will circle back, for another round,
cause with no feeling, I will hit the ground.

Do you see the lies building,
their stacking tall, creating glass walls.
Can you see my mind spinning,
floating around, uncovering sounds.
And I will circle back, for another round,
cause with no sight, I risk freezing the night.

Do you taste the water running,
it drips with ease, turns into a tease,
Can you taste the air forming,
its consistency of being free, it beckons me.
And I will circle back, for another round,
cause with no taste, I fear the haze.

Do you smell it on me,
the fear inside, dives towards new life.
Can you smell it on me,
the forgetfulness, it leave a scent.
And I won't circle back, for another round,
cause I've come to my senses, no more roundabouts.

-M



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's better to make a new mistake instead of making sure you don't repeat an old one.
    - N

    ReplyDelete